Friday 24 January 2014

Friday Service...Start your own faith

There seems to be too many fights, wars and divides when it comes to faith..  

We are all entitled to believe what we want and be free to express ourselves (in most countries)...

So whilst I am neither supportive nor against anyone believing in a traditional 'faith'... I wanted to bring the focus closer to you as an individual.


 

To be truly at peace with yourself and have focus to become what or who you want to be... Why not create your own faith!?!?

It starts by bringing together all the things you believe in that are good and bad in the world and figuring out what your position and feelings are towards them... Some may not affect you and never will and have no impact on you or your family friends and therefore, do you need to take a position on them at all?

Essentially, dedicate your time on creating your faith on things that either you can control or that actually affect you. 

By focussing on you, your thoughts, your feelings, your emotions, the way others affect you and you others, world events, politics, religion, education... And all the wonderful things that make up our daily lives... You are getting more in tune with your 'self speak' and a stronger connection to who you are.

And who are others to argue with you if you said 'I AM my own faith' .. I believe in all the things that I want to believe in that are right... That are good in the world... And I've decided what I believe to be bad... And choose to have no part of them.

Clearly I have to add a disclaimer here that I'm not saying that you should decide if murder is right, clearly society as a whole is clear on that and should, in most peoples world, always be wrong...

So don't go breaking any laws and blame me for saying 'create your own faith'... A faith is a set of beliefs that you are entitled to believe in so longs as they do not directly cause harm, displeasure, pain or suffering on anyone else...

Peace out people..

Rev Bert

No comments:

Post a Comment